Viewed 4234 times, downloaded 248 times
near São Vicente, Madeira (Portugal)
Please give me a “clap” or comment if you did this trail - I really appreciate it! ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
*1st photo is illustrative photo for the trail*
More info, videos and photos on www.anissa.online — INFO:
1. I suggest to park a car near the second photo :) otherwise you will need to go up till the beginning of the levada (like we did).
2. The walking/hiking is easy, flat, can be done with children, we did it with 2 Yorkie dogs.
3. There are 2-3 small tunnels and 1 long in the end (about 1km), after that tunnel you will see the fast running river. If you don’t want to do the last tunnel - it is also OK and enjoyable hiking :)
4. In some places of tunnels there can be water dropping from the top, so I suggest to take a raincoat, but I was OK even without. What you really need is a flashlight, mobile phone light can be also OK. In all tunnels you will always see the end what makes them not scary :)
5. Hiking shoes are not necessary, but there can be very wet on the road so take it into account.