near Morro Betania, Departamento de Antioquia (Republic of Colombia)
Viewed 1573 times, downloaded 31 times
1. Mirador cristo - you can skip the Long way and go via Calle 11 or something similar. There is a wooden bridge to cross and then follow the trail
Start with Christ
- Turn away so your back is at the city. Then you’ll see a track 1km
- The join a big track and turn right follow down. 2km (concrete)
- Then reach crossing to see the cascade de escalera.
See big house in yellow bamboo. Sign for escalera. Follow.
- After waterfall. Waterfall on left side. Open gates for 1 hour follow track.
- Reach 2 farms. Around 1 farm. That is yellow. Keep going on the track. Well marked.
- The track is going up. It’s s grass track. Cross gates.
- Climbing. After 45 mins. Garantes de dragón.
- Keep going and track well marked. Quite steep. Around 45 mins walk
- Then arrive at a flat place. Open wood / forest. You have to remember you hear the water. Will be wet grasss. .**** before the track. 20m you will find there is a metal sign on the tree. Don’t throw your rubbish (basura). it’s a white and red sign
- Really small path on the right going down with ropes, follow down 25 mins . Not the one on the left.
- then When you see 2 ways First go left . Then take the right path to the river. Remove shoes to cross river. 20 mins reach Salto del angel. Back to the same way.
- Right Go straight and Cuevas de los guacharos.
- Go back the same way. Then take the same route back to the town.
- If you don’t want to go via the Cristo. When you get back to escalera. Go left to avoid crist.
*** maybe pay 10000 for national park entry at a tiny office near the main square. Place name is Jardin Es Tuyo - next to bancocolombia
Keep walking straight from this house
Keep walking straight
Fill water here
Cascada Del escalera
Follow the trail
Pick up fruits from farms if possible.
Pool (in case you want to swim)
Pay 1000$ and get access to this pool. Be careful the current may be strong
En route dragon
Be sure to keep walking up the hill here.
En route to salto de angel
Way to Àngel (check the sign)
Downwards where we are pointing. It’s +10-20 meters from the sign